- All applications up to the end of 2021 will still be accepted;
- The law changes will not affect residents who renew their residence permit cards or join family members in the program.
- If you want to invest in Lisbon, Oporto, or some areas of Algarve – You must take advantage of this small window of opportunity, so you need to move quickly to conclude your investment and submit your application before the year ends.
- Aljezur — one of the few areas within the Algarve classed as a low-density region. Both sea and mountains surround this beautiful part of the country.
- Douro Valley — full of vineyards, a river valley, and nature trails, this region has plenty of potentials to attract tourists.
- Peneda Geres — the home to Portugal’s only national park, this region is sure to draw in hikers and nature lovers from around the world.
However, there are still chances to apply for the Golden Visa in coastal areas by buying property for habitational purposes before it expires. While that will vary on each investor’s specific circumstances and goals, there are still many valid reasons to consider applying for the Portuguese Golden Visa.
- An established real estate agency
- A professional law company
- A tax advisor who will guide you through this process.